Overpayment Mortgage Calculator
Use our calculator below to not only see how much your mortgage might cost over a specific term and interest rate, but also understand more about overpayment options.
Overpay and save thousands of £’s and years on your repayment period!
See for yourself how much money and time you save adding in your overpayment option.
Just look what you could save
If you overpaid £200.00 per month on a £250,000.00 mortgage with 20 years remaining paying 4% interest you’d SAVE £20,683.00 in interest payments and reduce your repayment period by 4 years.
See for yourself
IMPORTANT! Please read…
The calculator is for illustrative purposes only and based on certain key assumptions, listed below. It provides an indication of the interest you could save. The calculator doesn’t take into consideration any early repayment charges that may apply and is based on a repayment mortgage.
Before making overpayments we recommend that you talk to your lender or one of our mortgage consultants to understand if any early repayment charges will apply. If you want your overpayments to have the effect of reducing your mortgage term, rather than reducing your monthly payment, please speak to your lender or one of our mortgage consultants.
This information is computer-generated and relies on certain assumptions. It has only been designed to give a useful general indication of costs. It’s important you always get a specific quote from the lender and double-check the price yourself before acting on the information. We cannot accept responsibility for any errors.
We use the following assumptions in the calculations:
- Based on a repayment mortgage
- Any regular monthly overpayments remain the same over the term of the mortgage
- All years are of equal length
- Interest is calculated daily and added monthly
- The mortgage balance shown on the graph and table are the same, and are the amount left on the mortgage at the end of that particular year
- Multiple sub accounts must be calculated individually
- Estimate of total interest saved is rounded to the nearest pound
- There is no change in interest rate which would recalculate your monthly payment
- There will not be any changes to your mortgage which would result in a recalculation of your monthly payment e.g. changes to your mortgage product, term, type or change of owners.